Tuesday, February 19, 2008


FLOODS HAMMER BOLIVIA!

Lord Have Mercy!

Last year's floods devastated the Eastern regions of Bolivia.

Floods this year, caused by La Nina, have left a trail of destruction. Prensa Latina are reporting that 40 municipalities were declared disaster zones yesterday, with almost 90,000 families affected and 57 people reported dead.

The photo (Reuters/Alert Net) on the right top hand show a family living in makeshift tent as a result of the floods.

Lord Have Mercy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Raphael,
I am extremely saddened by the state of Bolivia after the floods, and I want to raise more awareness about what has happened and also encourage people to start thinking about the international impact their environmental habits might be making on others. I am writing for an online newspaper: http://environmentalnewsonline.com and was wondering if you would be willing to write about your experience and allow me to quote you for a story I write? If so, email me at:
tuulip@gmail.com

Thanks so much,
Tuuli Platner

Please find my blog at:
http://enviroamerica.wordpress.com

Bolivian Beat said...

hmmm...yeah sure.

Anonymous said...

OK, understandably you can't trust anyone on the internet... but you could at least check out my blog to make sure before setting your mind against the idea?

Let me know..

Tuuli.